Friday, February 24, 2023

BEADS, BEADS, AND MORE BEADS - THANKS TO SOPHIE!!

This morning I wanted to sleep till noon. Didn't happen but was a though. I did get up and get ready to see Debbie when she stopped by. I looked all over for my white material that Kristie brought to me yesterday. Couldn't find it. Searched all over, called Debbie and Connie. They didn't have it. After Debbie came and I cut more batting, I asked her to check at the Woodland Village in case I left it there. Then told her to wait till I check my car. OH COURSE IT WAS THERE! 

After she left I had work to do. Patrick found my towel on my beads had been moved. So, he lifted the towel and I heard - "Your not going to like this," "Sophie was busy last night." I didn't know what he meant till I walked over there. 


 This is what I found. 

What a MESS!! This is the beads I'm using for her picture. They are in the brick colors! So, I had to take all the boxes out. Then I had to find the ones that were not mixed up. 

I did the boxes first. I took all the beads that were mixed up and put them in the right boxes. Then I had to start pulling from here. I was able to get the top part done. It took me about 3 hours to get to this point (minus the top area). By that time I was seeing the same colors run together. So, I decided to call it done for now. I will work on the rest of it tomorrow. My triangle tool came in handy. I was able to move big amounts at a time instead of one at a time. I wasn't able to work on my piece - because the beads were all over the place. I did get a 9 x 13" pan with a lid and will keep them in there instead of the smaller one I was using - it didn't have a lid. Guess we all live and learn. 

This was an afternoon job. Patrick said I would be at it for days, I told him just a few hours. Now I'm beginning to believe it could be days. We will see. Tomorrow is another day........let's see if I can make it to Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

1 comment:

Anne Kirby said...

Oh no,bad Sophie!! What got into her?? I hope you will be back to Happy Stitching soon!!

Back To Presenting Quilts To Veterans

This morning, I was able to sleep in a little.  Thankfully Patrick put the quilts in the car for me. I felt like I was forgetting something ...