Saturday, February 4, 2023

Working On My Wings

 This morning I was up early again. Hate the sun when it comes through my window. I even tried to use my blinders but that didn't work either. So, I got up. 

Played games this morning. Got laundry going as well. I folded more clothes and kept busy with my puzzle. 

This is the left side of what I did. 


This is the right side. I put the puzzle piece boards on top of the puzzle before I realized I needed to take a photo. I was surprised at how much I got done today and I wasn't on it long. 


This is what it's supposed to look like. I am having fun working on it. It's a little confusing at times. 


I was able to get the label on this one. I'm happy to say, I have 3 quilts that need to go to the museum now. I will work on the bindings of one of the others another day. I will have 2 more to add the binding to when Debbie brings them back. 

After I finished that, I didn't want to do the binding of another one. Instead I went back to working on my wings for my embroidery. 


I was able to work on 4 of the wings. I have more to do, but I'm happy with getting these going. I will add the floss to the wings when I'm done with outlining the wings. It does get hard at times to work around the wires. 

After a week and then some, of not being able to work on my projects, it felt good to work on something. Sandy texted and said she got the train kit that was at the thrift shop. She also saw some of mom's pattern at the thrift shop. I let mom know. I won't doubt it if she goes over there after church tomorrow to check on which patterns they have of hers. Those were the patterns that LouAnn helped herself to. I hope that pattern moms been looking for is there. 

It was nice to have a day of peace and quiet. Patrick was watching his bowling on TV and I was doing what I like to do. It worked out great.  I'm just thankful that I was able to be Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!


No comments:

Getting Back To My Sewing Room

This morning, I decided to get back to working on my quilting stuff.  First I needed to clear off my table top to make room for cutting. I t...