Thursday, February 23, 2023

Presentation Day!

 This morning I woke to snow. Good thing we had till 1 pm for our veterans to come. I was hoping we didn't get any cancellations. 

I left early to get things going. Debbie and I got moving on getting the tables moved. Then we worked on the quilts. Pulled 8 quilts - because our WWII veteran couldn't make it. We decided to go to him this time. We had been trying for 4 months to get the quilt to him. 

We had seven of them show up. One didn't make it. This is (not in order) Gary Langford, George Whitlock, Edmond Armit, D'Orr Krambyle, Ron Jennings, David Schmidt and Mel Kortlever. Funny thing is that I bowled with Mel years ago and didn't realize it was him till he came to the presentation. It was awesome! 

Then it was time to go to Woodland Village to give our WWII veteran his quilt. 

James Van Ackeren is our WWII veteran. 

He told us his rank and serial number. It was awesome! I believe he's in his late 90's. 

Came home and didn't do much. Patrick made no bake cookies. We had left overs for supper and I changed to warmer clothes. 

Even though today wasn't for working on crafts, I was in my "heaven" by giving away quilts to veterans. Doesn't mean I can't be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Mom Turned 89 Today

 This morning, I was expecting mom to come over to do her laundry because of the machine being broke. I waited. Then I walked with Ron, and ...