Wednesday, February 1, 2023

Working On The Hawaiian Quilt

This morning I was out the door by 9 am. Stopped at Subway and picked up a sandwich for mom and I to have for lunch. I also brought a  salad. Mom was still working on her breakfast when I arrived. She doesn't really get much for breakfast lately and sometimes she eating her breakfast at noon.  She was all set up when I arrived. We worked on getting the quilt laid right on the 3 tables. This is HUGH!

After we pinned the material down, we started on basting it. Mom was working on the pins in this one. 


We were able to get it all basted down. It took several hours. We did take a break for lunch and then went back to work. I had physical therapy at 2 pm. That meant we needed to get as much done as we could. I left at 1:55 pm. We had it all basted down. Mom then was doing the basting around the bottom to keep the fabrics together. We had half of it done already. She wasn't going to be too far behind me. 

I received a call as I was going to PT. I talked with a gal that wants to help us with making quilt tops. I was still talking to her when I walked up to the door. Bob was awesome, he let me finish chatting. I explained it was for QOV and she was interested in helping. I will take all the help we can get. 

Stopped at Papa Murphy's for pizza. The gas prices at Safeway were higher than Love's, so I drove to Love's for gas. Plus I got 10 cents off per gal. I love that app!! Sometimes I only get a penny, but this time it was a dine. 

Came home and finished putting the boarder of the puzzle pieces in one box. Then I got supper going. 

After supper I decided I wanted to work on my wings for my butterflies. I wasn't able to get much done, but one at a time will work. 


I will do all of these before I go back and do the inside of the wings. One step at a time. I am close to finishing this piece and want to have the wings done so I can get this done. It will be nice to have something done this month. 

Tomorrow I will be taking mom up to her doctor appointment. We have to be at the appointment time of 9 am. SO, that means I have to get up at 7 am to leave here at 8 am and then leave mom's place by 8:30 am. She usually isn't ready, so I have to be there to get her moving. I'm actually tired of having to be on the run from Saturday till tomorrow. I haven't had a break!! I really need one. 

At least I'm trying to be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!


No comments:

Skipped A Day

Yesterday was one of those days, I didn't do anything but go to a movie. We didn't even walk, because of the weather.  The movie we ...