Tuesday, January 31, 2023

Another Waiting Day....In Olympia

This morning I headed to moms. We had to be in Olympia at St. Pete's hospital for her tests. It was a 1 pm appointment but they told her 12:30 pm. So, we were early. That is the worst place to try and find a parking lot. We went to the back of the hospital and parked in the garage. That meant we needed to walk around to the front of the hospital. Mom did pretty good but we did have to stop on the way to the ER room - which is the only entrance anyone can use. Once there we signed her in. Then waited. Once they called her name she had to register. Once that was done, we headed to the next waiting area. 


 I took my embroidery and was able to get a few more leaves done. I am happy with the way it's coming along. BUT there are 200 leaves, so this will take awhile. I just enjoy working on the leaves. They are relaxing compared to the bowl. I need to get back to the bowl, but I'll do that eventually. 

We were back by 2:30 pm. I stopped at McD's for mom. I got an iced tea for me. Then took mom home so I could come home. First I had to stop at the store for tortilla's. Came home and just wanted to relax. So, I got busy on finishing the puzzle. 

I finished the puzzle. Then realized I was 1 puzzle piece short!! I hate it when there is a piece missing. This was one of the puzzles mom gave me. Not to thrilled.


Just what I needed! So, since I couldn't finish this one, I started on another one!


I always find when a piece is missing that I'm not happy. I didn't get to complete what I started. So, now I opened a new puzzle that I bought at the thrift store yesterday. It's a Christmas time one, but I'm okay with that. 

Tomorrow I will be spending most of the day with mom. We will be working on her Hawaiian quilt. She's got half of it done, and we need to baste the other half. I have PT at 2 pm. I'm hoping we can get a lot done. If not I will have to go back and work on the rest later. Really don't want to do that. 

Today I was actually enjoying myself while I waited on mom. It's fun to be in the mood of Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!


No comments:

Trying To Do More

This morning Patrick headed to golfing and I got laundry going. I was in pain this morning, and all through the day. I just let it be. It...