Monday, January 23, 2023

Bread Baking Today

This morning I had to add a few more things to my box. I was getting more ideas of what I forgot to put in the box for baking bread. Then I was out the door. I stopped and got some tea on the way. 

Arrived at the grange and got started right away. Needed to get the yeast going. I took the fast rising yeast so that Cindy could bake her bread before we left. 


 She was enjoying the learning process. She was showing off to Sandy in this pic. We did have fun! I was teaching her how to be careful with the dough. Getting rough wasn't helping the dough. lol 

I was helping her out here. Sandy even did a short video of us. I was showing the kneading process. Funny little video. 

We baked some hot dog buns for her and then we baked her first loaf of bread. She sent me a photo of the 3rd loaf she made. We braided it. 

Looks really good. She did a great job. I'm hoping she learned a lot and will make more homemade bread. She was trying to do that with other doughs, but said it wasn't coming out. Told her not to add the salt to the yeast because that kills the yeast. Guess that's what she was doing. lol 

Came home with my bread. 


I baked it after I got home. I added the agave that we bought in Mexico. It made the bread turn a little yellow. It was good. I forgot to add the "secret ingredience."  (sp)  It still turned out good. 

Came home and decided I didn't want to do much. I did work on my embroidery while we waited for the bread to rise. 


I have one more butterfly to do and then work on the wings. Once the wings are done, this is done. I will have another finish - and I need one! I can't wait, but I'm not going to rush it. When I do, then everything goes wrong. 

I had to watch a video for our virtual class tomorrow for QOV. I also had to do some fake nominations. I'm good to go I hope. 

While I was letting Patrick watch the news, I decided to work on my puzzle. 


I worked on the bottom part. I almost have the flowers done. Next is 2 quilts. I started on them, but may change my direction and try something else. I'm just enjoying working on it. Plus I listen to my books. I'm back to another series that I really like. At least I spent time today to be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!


No comments:

I Have Had Better Days

This morning, I woke early. Was in a little pain.  It's more skin pain then inside pain. But that's part of life.  My day was pretty...