Thursday, January 26, 2023

Nice To Get 2 Days In A Row

 Today is Thursday (in case you didn't know). And it a day were Patrick goes golfing and bowling. 

I had the morning to myself again. I slept in because I didn't get a good night sleep. So, when I did get up, I had to decide what I wanted to get done today - forgetting Patrick was bowling tonight. 

When I finally decided, I headed downstairs. 

/

I needed to border the panel. It's a bit big, but I needed it to be big so I would have too much more work to do. Remember I try to get stuff done easily. I added a 4" strip between the "barn doors" and found they were too big. So, I cut them in half after I sewed them down. It made it easier to add the 4 bottom ones that were not stripped. It actually worked out. then I realized they were not wide enough. I trimmed the side border a bit but that didn't work either. So, I decided to add the strip to the end of the barn doors. 

I added the the strip to the end. That's when Patrick arrived. I decided earlier that when he got home I would call it quits. I have the 3 strips ready to add when I decide to go down and finish it. Patrick picked the outer boarder (blue) and I will have to cut that as well. At least I finally went back down there to get another top done. I need to get back into making more tops. 

Came upstairs and worked on my puzzle. I got a lot done (sorry no photo). It's relaxing and I'm just thrilled it's going as fast as it is. 

Patrick headed out to bowling. I played on my tablet and watch the ancestry shows (2) before I decided to bead. I was trying to decide if I wanted to work on Sophie or the Angel. 


Sophie won out. Then I accidently got my beads messed up in the boxes. So, I had to spend a lot of time getting the beads back in the right boxes. I tipped 3 of the into 3 others, so it was a big mess! Once that was done, I got another row in. I was only able to get 2 rows done. UGH I will work on it later this weekend if I can. I have a list of things I need to do. Plus we have a presentation on Saturday to do, so my weekend is shot!

All in all, I'm happy to say I'm back to working on the quilt tops. It doesn't quiet count as being Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!


No comments:

I Have Had Better Days

This morning, I woke early. Was in a little pain.  It's more skin pain then inside pain. But that's part of life.  My day was pretty...