Thursday, January 5, 2023

Meeting Day!

 This morning Patrick was out to golfing. I was enjoying the morning to myself before going to Burger King for a hamburger. Not as good as they used to be. Guess I need to find another place to go. 

Our QOV meeting was today. We worked on getting veterans to come to the next meeting or two. It was to show all the members what we do. This way if someone can't do a job, then we have anyone and everyone who can fill in. We went over all the quilts and things that were done. Kristi showed the challenge quilt and another quilt she finished today. It was pretty! The challenge quilts came out awesome. I think we have 6 of the 11 turned in. I need to let everyone know they need to turn them in. We went over all kinds of jobs that we have. I asked everyone to at least think about doing something so that the 3 of use don't end up doing it all. 

After the meeting, Connie, Debbie and I went into the storage room and organized the quilts. We have 48 quilts that are ready to be given out. We pulled the quilts that we knew were going to be presented at the next presentation - next week. We got the older quilts and put them on the top of the piles. We have a ton of quilts that need to be given out, just need to get the time and the veterans to do that.

Came home around 4;15 and got supper going. Patrick had to leave for bowling. I took time to play a few games and then I pulled out my next ornament for this year. I'm working on getting the word chart done for it. 

That way when I have doctor appointments and such, I can take my small travel case and work on these. It won't take a lot of room and I can put out the beads I will use at the time. I want to be ahead of this years ornaments. I still need to do a Snowman one for Phill and Emily. I will work on that when I get the chance. 

My phone "holder" came in today. I can now work on showing how I do my beading and different ways to work on peyote beading. Plus I can do my demos on embroidery and cross stitching as well. I think it will work great. I will try it out when Patrick's off golfing next week. 

Tomorrow I have to take Sophie to the vet. I don't know if I will be able to visit with the quilters, but I may stop in to see them anyway. I'm not sure if Sophie will be kept overnight either. 

At least my day was busy. I worked on things that will make it easier to be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

I Have Had Better Days

This morning, I woke early. Was in a little pain.  It's more skin pain then inside pain. But that's part of life.  My day was pretty...