Monday, January 30, 2023

Brazilian Embroidery Day

This morning I had a long list of stuff to do before getting to our meeting. Of course, I was stopped by the train on my way there. I was listening to my book while waiting. It was a good 20 min wait. At least I was enjoying my book, cause I wasn't enjoying waiting. Remember I'm one of those that isn't that patient. People call me patient, but they don't realize I hate crowds or waiting in line. Not my joy in life. 

We had a good visit. There was 3 of us this time. Cindy couldn't make it but both Sandy's were there. I enjoyed the chatter today. We talked about all kinds of things. Checking out Sandy V's project for her next class. She's getting it ready. It will be fun to work on. We were picking the colors to do next, which are really pretty. Figured out one of the colors we picked didn't work in that area. So, she's going to check on getting a gold-rust color. 

I was able to work on my leaves. I got the area on the top left done. I've also added the leaves on the right side. I pulled another green out of the box that we have for the group. I like to have more greens in this. The more the easier it is and the prettier it looks. 

Came home and stopped by the thrift shop to see if I could find the embroidery piece that Sandy said was there. Looked like someone already got it. It wasn't there - or I could find it. I checked out the puzzles and found 3 of them that hadn't been opened. So, I am hopping there aren't any pieces missing. I think the one I'm doing has a piece missing and I HATE that. 

Not working on too much tonight. Decided to just enjoy sitting with Patrick and playing on my tablet. Tomorrow I will be waiting on mom at the hospital in Olympia. Then Wednesday I'll be working with her on the Hawaiian quilt she is working on. 

I'm thing today was another day of Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

 

No comments:

I Have Had Better Days

This morning, I woke early. Was in a little pain.  It's more skin pain then inside pain. But that's part of life.  My day was pretty...