Monday, January 2, 2023

Back To Weekly Meetings And Fun

This morning Patrick was out the door before me. I was out shortly after him. I had to stop and drop off the bowling money to the alley. Then I headed to Oakview Grange for our BE meeting. I stopped at the Cup to pick up some drinks for all of us. I got both Sandy's coffee while I picked up a cocoa for me. lol 

I gave Sandy V the dresses I borrowed. I also gave Sandy E the dress I bought for her in Columbia. I got the bag for Sandy V on the ship. Cindy wasn't there today, so I didn't give her the pens I bought for her. 

I worked on the flower today. Got the center yellow done. I tried to do the cast on, but it didn't come out very well. I'm going to work on it again. I used 2 needles and I should have just stayed with one. I need to do the hanging things. Can't think of what they are called right now. Then I can do the cast ons. Once all that is done, I will get started on the butterflies. 

We talked about the virtual classes that are coming up for January to April. I do like the classes but I have my 2 classes that I haven't finished yet, so I need to finish those first before I start thinking of another class. Plus lately I'm wanting to bead. 

Came home after stopping at Safeway for some fried chicken. I got an 8 piece but they didn't give me any wings. We got legs instead. Guess that works when Patrick is the one that eat that. I did have one tonight. 

After all that, I was trying to decide what I wanted to do. I really want to start my beaded work of Sophie, but decided not to start it yet. 

Instead I pulled out the quilts in the back room. I need to see what goes to the museum on Thursday and what I need to sew the binding on. I put 3 labels on quilts, and wrote on 3 other labels that had been done. Six quilts are ready to go to the museum and another 5 are in the process. I think I need to do the binding on those. Debbie is doing the bindings on the sewing machines now. They are coming out pretty good. She's been putting a lot of time in on all steps when it comes to the quilts. I need to get a few more tops done!

This was one of the three quilts I added labels to. I like to take photos so I have a record of them going out of my house. I finished the "Agent Orange" quilt that one of the veterans said he wanted. I didn't promise him a quilt, but Debbie worked so fast that she got the quilt done for him. He's getting his quilt next week. 

It was nice to have a full day of being Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

 

No comments:

I Have Had Better Days

This morning, I woke early. Was in a little pain.  It's more skin pain then inside pain. But that's part of life.  My day was pretty...