Saturday, March 18, 2023

Almost Missed My Class

This morning I was taking my time getting ready. I was up before Patrick and just enjoyed the morning. Then I wasn't in a hurry to get dressed. Once I did and took a shower, I realized I had a class this morning. So, I was out of the shower and realized I had 45 mins before class started. 

Before I did much, I cleaned up and got the laundry going. It's getting behind. Loaded the laundry and folded some clothes before I headed into my class. This time it was awesome. I enjoyed working on my piece (sample). 


 I still haven't gotten my needles and floss from Debbie yet. But I was able to try out the colors she had. I'm thinking I'm not going to use that bright purple and will go with another purple. She showed us all how to add the petals that we did separately. I was amazed! I love how she got the petals to fold. It made more sense now that I see the end result. I was wondering how all this would go together and that it would take forever to work on. Nope, it's easier than it looks. I worked on my satin stitches on the sample flower. It would look good to have this simple piece as a finished project. 

After class, I decided to try and get caught up on my other class with Loretta. 

I finished the lattes piece. Once that was finished I worked on the stem work. She says in the instructions to make a stem stitch and then go back over it with another stem stitch to make it thicker. I decided to do a double stem stitch. It thickens it and I don't have to go back over it. It comes out just as good. At least that's my thought. Her instructions are pretty good but at times confusing. I do like her pattern. I will do it in yellow and think it will look better. Just my way of thinking. Not everything I think about works right. We will see. I have a class Thursday and again next Thursday. My class today was over. 

Now it's time to head to a play at the playhouse. So, I decided to get this done, so I don't have to come back home and remember to get it done. lol - Late nights mess me up! lol 

That's how I enjoyed the day - Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!! 

No comments:

A Painful Day

This morning, we were woken up by a phone call. That was 8 am. I was hoping to sleep in today. Ron was calling to walk. He had Century Link ...