Thursday, March 23, 2023

Class, Baking And Labeling

This morning I was up at 8 am. Ready to go by 8:50 am. I started on my exercises and at 9:10 am got a call from Loretta telling me I was late. I had 10 am on the calendar and in my mind! I arrived at my virtual class as quick as I could. They were working on the lattice work behind the embroidery. So, I felt good that I didn't miss much. Then we were told to finish up the background (already did), do the stem work and work on the leaves. She demo'd how to do that as well. She also showed how to make our stem bigger by wrapping it. I love how it looks and was able to wrap the top part of the stem work. 

The top part sticking out of the stem was were I wrapped to see if I lived it or not. I do like it! I'm working on it now. I will be able to work on this tomorrow while Patrick is at his appointment. 

After class, I did a video on the different Brazilian Embroidery pieces I'm working on as well as some I finished. That took time. By the time I was loading it, Patrick came home. He was golfing today and got soaked when the down pour came. I wondered if they would stop at that point, and apparently they did. 

I baked the bread I was making yesterday. It had good flavor but didn't come out good in looks. 

Next I pulled out the quilts that needed labels. 

This is one of Connie's quilts. 


DeeDee Riffe and Connie did this one. This is the first one I labeled and the label is upside down on the top. I decided to leave it. Only because I sewed labels and had to take every last one apart because I sew them wrong. I gave up after I had half of them ripped out and resewed! I have the rest by my chair to take the seams out and resew them as well. After one makes mistakes like that, one should just walk away. Yeah, Nope! I put the label on this quilt and figured out it was upside down! I decided I was not ripping another thing out today! So, MAYBE tomorrow I will resew it on right. MAYBE~


Air Force quilt that Connie made. We now have an AF quilt to go with the Army and Navy ones we have. No AF on Saturday, but that's fine. 


Of course, Sophie had to enjoy it as well. When I tried to call her off, I got this attitude. Oh, what fun when we have pets! 


This is the quilt I made with Georgie's blocks. It's done and ready to go. I have a big PILE of blocks she's made. I need to get moving and get them in quilts!! I have one more quilt that needs a label. I also have 5 more quilts that need the binding done. I'm getting there, but not there yet. I keep passing them to mom to give out and return to me. Bad enough I do the labels because no one else likes to. 

Patrick couldn't bowl today because of the blister on the thumb. So, we went and collected the prize money we got for 9-pin no tap. I got $100 and he got $50. It was nice to have. Then we went to DQ to get a banana split. Patrick said he didn't want much, but I will tell you, he ate it like there was no tomorrow! I was sharing, but was entering my receipts in my apps I have. By the time I was done, he had half already eaten! Dang!

Today was a busy day. I still need to do my certificates tomorrow as well as the last quilt to label. I want to work on my embroidery and beading. That's going to be iffy because we have to go to Olympia in the morning. Stop at Sharon's and then Costco. My day will be over before I know it. At least today I was both Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!





No comments:

Working On Embroidery Today

 This morning, I took my time getting to the grange. I took my "goldwork" piece with me. I wanted to see if I could finish it. I w...