Saturday, March 25, 2023

Honoring A WWII Veteran Today!

I don't have the photos yet. I have 2 members who took the photos. So, I'm waiting on them to come through. 

Today we honored 9 different veterans. 7 of them were Army veterans with the WWII veteran being one of them. Then we had a Navy officer and a Marine. The Marine received 2 purple hearts! The quilt he received was perfect for him! We didn't plan it that way, but we had a quilt with Marine panels and a bigger panel with a eagle and flag. It was one of the better presentations we have had. We ended up in the museum area because they had the room rented out. It was packed in the museum area but with 9 veterans getting quilts, it would be. 

Came home and Patrick was napping. I went to work on getting a donation to QOV and entering new requests for quilts. I was given 4 requests today. I have another one coming that will be presented in a month. We still have 98 request to fill. Interesting part is that 2 of those were from Olympia and Tumwater.  They want to come to us. 

I played games after all that was done. I am going to try and get a little work done on my embroidery. I will post more photos on today later. 

It's not a day to be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!



No comments:

A Painful Day

This morning, we were woken up by a phone call. That was 8 am. I was hoping to sleep in today. Ron was calling to walk. He had Century Link ...