Saturday, March 11, 2023

Embroidery And Beading All Day

This morning I was up first. I liked the peace and quiet (with except to Sophie) in the morning. After getting my shower, I got moving on getting a few things done before my class. I had to get a few QOV stuff done. We are trying to get the new program to add requests for groups. I was able to send one thing off to Cindy today. Then I was getting my supplies ready for our class. 

Noon - had to be ready and in class. We had a deaf person in the group. There were interpreters. At first it took a while to get it so see could see them. I thought a couple of the gals were not very understanding for her. I tried to help when I could, but I don't know sign language and wish I did! We were still able to get our class going. I found that I didn't have the right brown to work my piece. So, I sent a message to Debbie to get that floss sent along with needles. 


I did practice with the stem. I like the way it comes out. It's a stem that is done 4 times. I do like how it turns out. This is my practice piece. I couldn't do the box because of the wrong weight in floss. I didn't want to work the leaf, I can do that with my eye shut. 


These petal need to be done. I started working on them. I am not going to use the color she did for her piece. I want mine to all look the same. The purple in the center of this is off in color. Doesn't match the hew. I don't like having colors that don't go together. Yet at times I have done that. 

When class was done, I found a package for me waiting! It's the High Street Bead Company's gift box that comes once a month. I love this!


I had a surprise opening it! I love surprises like this. She knows how to pick the colors. 


This is a $20 value that I get every month. I pay $16 because I set it up to received every month. I love the colors. They are pastel, but pretty pastels. 

After enjoying my surprise, I wanted to make the earrings that were bugging me. 


I have wanted to know how to make these. So, I pulled out some beads that I had. I have them finished but Patrick needs to add the hooks, so it's not done yet. This took awhile because every once in awhile I made mistakes and had to take it out. Now that I know how to do them, I'm going to make more. Katt wants black and white, so I will do them in black and white next. I will keep the gold in them. She may want those instead. I will figure it out. 

So, all day long I was either stitching or beading. That's what I call being Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!


No comments:

A Painful Day

This morning, we were woken up by a phone call. That was 8 am. I was hoping to sleep in today. Ron was calling to walk. He had Century Link ...