Monday, March 6, 2023

Hello Monday - And Everything That Came Along......

 This morning I had to leave early since I had our BE meeting. Mom wanted me to go over to her place today and figured the only way to do that is to arrive before the meeting. Of course, I will be late. 

I arrived and we figured out how much fabric she needed for the Hawaiian quilt that she's making. She wanted me to order it, so I did. Then we had to order the wool batting as well. Told her to meet us at the Grange after she gets her breakfast. 

I picked up tea and coffee. Then went to the grange. I was able to get some stitching done. 

There were 4 of us today - including mom. She worked on the binding of a QOV quilt. I worked on my Bonji tree. I was able to get all these leaves done. I was thrilled to get this much done considering stopping at moms and coming late. I did work on the bowl as well. I have a few stitches to finish the bowl and then go back and fill it in. 

Came home and found my class kits arrived. I had ordered the full kit with Debbie Goff. I only got the pattern and material from Loretta Holzenburger. So, I had to get my threads for the second one. 

I organized my floss and have them on the rings. This is ready for when we have class on Saturday. 

I pulled the colors I wanted to use for this. I went for a yellow variegated floss for the flower. I didn't like the pink/orange color. I'm hoping my yellow will be better. Tiger Lilly's are different colors. So, I feel okay to use the yellow. 

After all that, I decided to call it done. My day was busy but fun. That's what it's all about - Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Spending The Morning At Moms

This morning, I didn't sleep well. So, I was up and ready to go. I got a few things done before heading to moms. It's quilting Frida...