Thursday, March 9, 2023

Presentation Day!

Today Patrick was looking better and headed out to golfing. I headed to the museum to get things set up. Debbie and I were able to get a lot of the stuff done before the group started showing up. Then it was a mad house with the group. We all get together and get stuff done. I was off fixing things and getting stuff. We had everything ready. 


These were the recipients that received quilts. Not in order but it was - John Stough, Navy, Allen Delvin, Navy, Gary Hass, Navy, Thomas B Guyer (TJ), Coast Guard, Thomas Warren, Air Force, Kim and Garold Merrill (wife and husband - 3 & 4th from the left), Army, and Gene Grefthen, Army. 

It was a joy to honor them with quilts! We didn't do panels today. We gave out the scrap quilts that were mostly done by Connie. It was funny! We pulled 8 quilts and 6 of those were ones that Connie made! 

Came home and realized I forgot my bag. Had to go back and get it. The rest of the day was getting the donation ready to go in the mail. Contact 2 veterans that we haven't been able to contact. Sent an email to one and a letter to another. If I don't hear from the second one then I will send a letter to him as well. Letters seem to work. We have a few that want to cancel receiving a quilt. Shame, but will try and keep that down. 

I've been getting all my stuff done - as much as I can. Still have a couple things to do tomorrow. QOV is like a full time job when one is a leader. I contacted my coordinator because a couple of our requests were sent elsewhere. UGH

With all this going on, I didn't have the chance to be Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

1 comment:

Anne Kirby said...

What a wonderful thing it is you do for these folks!! I'm glad Patrick is feeling better. Have a great weekend!!

A Painful Day

This morning, we were woken up by a phone call. That was 8 am. I was hoping to sleep in today. Ron was calling to walk. He had Century Link ...