Tuesday, April 4, 2023

A Day With Mom

Today I was on my way to moms. I had 4 stops before I got there. One was to see Sandy, so I stopped at McD's and got her a coffee. Then I dropped off some books and clips for her. She's getting ready to head to her sisters in Canada. She's also a Canadian. So friendly! 

Got to moms and she wasn't ready. We had breakfast before we started. We had to put the quilt in a quarter so we could cut quilt to size. We cut it at 120 square. She's going to need to cut it down even more, but that won't be till after she quilts it. Quilting will take a couple inches. I'm hoping she can get it to 115" as 118" will make it to the floor. We need to rethink that. 

 

Now it's done and ready to get basted. Moms taking it to Kathleen to baste. We have the back done as well. It took me till 3 pm before I could leave. Then I had to stop and see my son again. lol 

Because I have 7 quilts ready to go to the museum, I needed to do the labels. We have a presentation Thursday and I need to get them over there. My next step was to get the labels on......but I only made it for 5 of the 7. I will to the last 2 tomorrow. 

JoAnn Wisner pieced this and Connie Carter quilted it. 

Debbie Aust pieced with Georgie's stars. Connie Carter quilted it. 

Connie Carted did both the piecing and quilting. This is an Army quilt. 


JoAnn Wisner pieced and Connie Carter quilted it. 

Looks like I loaded 2 quilts twice, so I will post the last quilt tomorrow. It will go with the 2 I have left to do. This is a finish! I need to do certificates tomorrow as well. I did post the photos finally, but I'm really getting behind on my work. I need to check to see if we have any new nominations and let them know we are 9 months out right now. 

So, today ended up being Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!


No comments:

One Of My Busier Days

This morning Patrick left for golf. I was glad he's back to golfing. I wonder about the chemo he's on now.  After he left, I got up ...