Thursday, April 20, 2023

QOV Presentation For 2 WWII Veterans!

 Today I was up and getting ready for my chores of getting everything ready for the museum. I had to take a quilt for Debbie as well. First stop was the post office to send labels to Barbara and then get coffee for Debbie and tea for me. lol 

Arrived at my usual time of 11:30 am. Then got the quilts out for 10 veterans. We did the panels today. Now we are out of panels so I need to get moving and finish a couple more. I kept hearing how pretty my quilts were that went today. 

This is William Murdock, Navy, WWII veteran. He went in when he was 16 years old. We had a really good informational part for him. 


Robert Erle Cooper our second WWII veteran. Both in their 90's. 

We honored a woman veteran as well. I love it when we can find the women. There aren't a lot who tell us they are veterans. 


Doreen Schweikl was in the Air Force. She was also a military brat. It was fun to chat with her. 

Came home and worked on the bowling league money to each team. Patrick head off to his meeting and then bowling. 

I just enjoyed playing games after I was done. I did re-do 3 certificates because the names were wrong. I have them ready to go out in the mail. As much as I wanted to be, I wasn't Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Spending The Morning At Moms

This morning, I didn't sleep well. So, I was up and ready to go. I got a few things done before heading to moms. It's quilting Frida...