Monday, April 17, 2023

Maybe I'm Getting Back To My Crafts After All

 This morning I was up at 7:45 am to get moving. I had to go to the bank, another place, my sons, and then to moms before going to the grange for our BE meeting. 

When I arrived at moms, it was dark and the door was locked. I unlocked the door and went in looking for mom. I hate walking down a dark hall to see if mom's okay. I did and she was sleeping peacefully at 9:30 am. I decided to let her sleep and dropped off the quilts for her. Then I picked up the one quilt and my threads that she had for me. 

I headed over to the grange to find Cindy waiting in her car. She looked good but was a little emotional - UNDERSTANDABLE. I gave her a hug and then we went into the grange to work on our stuff. Sandy V arrived after us and then Sandy E arrived right after. We all sat an chatted. It was a good meeting because Cindy was quiet. But she did chat from time to time. 


I got the bench done. Then I quit. I need to see the photo to go on. The skin is a dark brown, so I want to make sure that's what it's supposed to be. 


Sandy V gave the group the extra floss she didn't need. So, it's a gallon bag! I brought it home and got started on putting them on the keepers. 

After putting 61 away, I still have this much more to go! It's a heck of a lot of work. I took a good 2 hours to get as many done as I did.


Came home and got to work on the labels. Finished another QOV quilt. 


I also finished this one as well. I have half of another one done. Then I have one more left for a label and 4 will go to the museum on Thursday. 

Debbie let me know her sister in law passed today. I also found out yesterday that Mary at the bowling alley passed on Saturday. I hope I don't hear of anyone else passing for awhile. 

My day turned out better than I thought it would. I was actually Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!


1 comment:

Anne Kirby said...

Oh dear, what happened to Cindy?? I looked back and I did not see that you mentioned her lately. I feel like I know all your friends! So please repeat for us, I apologize for asking. And I hope you're feeling OK after your episode the other day. And sympathies on the deaths you mentioned. Being this old is rough when you start losing your friends. Anne

Taking Each Day As It Comes

This morning, I was enjoying sleeping in. Patrick was up before me. He was feeling better today than he was yesterday.  Since he's here ...