Saturday, April 15, 2023

Wasting Away My Saturday.

 This morning I was up a little earlier than I thought. After getting dressed and having breakfast, I started working on laundry. I was able to get it all caught up - till tomorrow when Patrick finds more things for me to wash. I also cleaned the cat litter - which I usually do on Sundays. Scooping is another story! 

I got busy with paperwork. I had to get QOV up to snuff. Plus I had to pay a few bills for the water group. Once all that was done, I put my ear plugs in and listened to my book on audio. Patrick was watching shows I didn't want to watch. So, I put my ear plugs on and played games. I THOUGHT about working on my beading. I THOUGHT about pulling my cross stitching out. I THOUGHT of taking a walk....all that didn't happen. I need to move on from thinking and get it done. I even THOUGHT about working on my family history again.

That didn't get me anywhere either! But I did realize there are 3 branches in our family where the surname is dead. Both Patrick's and my surname have ended. My brothers have boys who had girls. My younger brothers son isn't married yet, so there is a chance my surname may keep going. Mom's maiden name is dead on her branch as well. My grandfather only had her. The surname is carried on with my younger brother having it as a middle name. Interesting how that works out. 

As far as today goes, it wasn't Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!



No comments:

One Of My Busier Days

This morning Patrick left for golf. I was glad he's back to golfing. I wonder about the chemo he's on now.  After he left, I got up ...