Friday, April 28, 2023

Friday At Mom's

This morning I was up and working on my exercises. Then I was out the door heading to moms. I dropped off the box of thread that came yesterday. I ended up with a double order. So, I called Superior threads and they gave me a return label for the second box. We were laughing at how weird that was. I was only charged for one set of threads. 

Arrived at moms before everyone else. Mom had a bowl of almonds in water! She doesn't like the skins on almonds. Nancy told her they soak the almonds in water and then peel them. She put the whole bag in the water, so it was taking her forever to get them skinned. A couple of us helped her. Then everyone started to come in. I gave Nancy my blue bag from BDEIG that I thought she would like. She said she would take it. I have another bag I will be giving to Carol for the QOV paperwork. I will take that tomorrow. We had 8 of us today. A lot was getting done. I took 5 quilts that needed the binding stitched down. I also gave mom 2 quilts that needed the binding machine stitched down. 

I didn't want to work on quilts. I took my embroidery and decided to work on that instead. I started working on the mud people and got a few things done. I will double check the photo on the computer to see if I'm doing it right. 

Then before I knew it, mom wanted me to work on her title page for quilt judging. She's teaching class tomorrow and needed me to correct her wording. I gave that job over to Nancy and then changed the information. 

Came home and Patrick had worked on the yard all day. He was in the house when I arrived. I brought 3 quilts back home that need labels on them. Then Georgie emailed me asking to find one of her quilt block quilts for her friend that is getting a quilt on the 4th. I wish I knew about it sooner, because we used all the panel quilts at the last presentation that had her blocks in them. I'm going to have to find one that Debbie or I did. UGH. It's going to be finding a needle in a haystack. Oh, well. I will do all I can to get one of her quilts to her friend. She's done so much for us that I have to do the best I can for her. 

We went out for ice cream today since it was 90 degrees. Too hot for me. I called it done for today. I had to send a letter to my cousin in CA and get my reimbursement sent out to QOV. It's been a busy day till now. That's why I was glad to be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

One Of My Busier Days

This morning Patrick left for golf. I was glad he's back to golfing. I wonder about the chemo he's on now.  After he left, I got up ...