Friday, April 21, 2023

Kept Thinking It Was Saturday

Today we were woke up by the phone. Mom called to see if Patrick was golfing and if he was, could I come over. I told her he was not, and I had some laundry to do. I just realized, I started it, but didn't finish it. lol 

We sat and just enjoyed each other's company. I played a lot of games. Then we went out to eat. I needed to get the certificates in the mail. We stopped and got some bills at the bank and then dropped off the certificates at the post office. Then we headed to Bob's Deli off old 99. I had a French dip. It was really good. 

We came home and found the newspaper article online. It's a good article. I posted it on the Facebook page. Quilts of Valor article.

Then I decided to try and get some beading done. lol 


I was able to get about 6 rows done. This is the lavender angel. I'm getting close to adding the next color that goes on the skirt. 

Okay - I was asked what happened to Cindy from BE. So, I realized I haven't posted some updates on a couple friends. Here I go - Cindy lost her husband in a tree accident when he was cutting down trees in the yard for wood. Cindy found him. She's been dealing with him not having a will and a few other things going on. She's more "pissed" at him then she is at a loss. There were a lot of things that went on with them, that I'm only getting bits and pieces of. I don't think it was a happy marriage. But like she said, she wouldn't have wish him dead. She's having to go through probate and I'm thinking it's because of his son and sister. She's not saying much about it. 

On to the next one - Debbie - her sister-in-law passed on Saturday at the age of 46. She had cancer in the liver and then it went into the back bone. They tried to do radiation but that's what ended up killing her. Debbie is close to her brother and he's been calling her daily. She's helping him as much as she can. Like she said this morning, she can't help me because she doesn't know what he's going through. Yes, it's a loss, but unless we've had to go through it, we don't know what he's going through. I told her I agree. I can "feel" for him, but I can't know the pain he's in. 

Nancy is doing a lot better. She's getting her speech back a little bit. She still stumbles over words. But she's looking good and is still her cheerful self. 

Mom is having trouble with her right hip. She had her left hip replaced about 10-15 years ago. She thinks she may need to get a replace on the other hip. I'm not looking forward to that. I can't deal with that. She's turning 88 on the 3rd. That's not an age where she should have surgery. It didn't do for dad, and I don't think it will do for her either. 

As for Patrick - his health is good. He's had a few ups and downs. He's doing great. Golfing tomorrow, and bowled last night. Things are looking up. Next appointment I think is a phone call next week. Time will tell for him. 

Hope that gets everyone updated. At least I made time to be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!


2 comments:

Anne Kirby said...

Wow, that's a thorough update!! I'm so sorry for Cindy,and also for Debbie. I'm glad about Nancy, and I agree with you about your Mom. See what the Dr says. And I'm happy that Patrick is getting along. And you take care!!

6th Generation Quiilter, Crafter said...

Thanks for letting me know I was lacking in that. We have been keeping an eye on Cindy and she's doing good considering. Thank you for checking on me. lol

Lynn

Taking Each Day As It Comes

This morning, I was enjoying sleeping in. Patrick was up before me. He was feeling better today than he was yesterday.  Since he's here ...