Wednesday, April 19, 2023

One Non-Stop Tiring Day!

This morning started with me heading out the door. I went to the bank and told them how I needed my cash for the bowling alley. Then I had to head to moms. It was a funny visit. I arrived to find her just getting out of bed. While she was getting ready, I fixed her breakfast. Then after we got our tea, we headed into the computer room. I had to show her how to hook up for her telemed visit. Then we worked on her judging papers. After going through a page of writing I pulled the information off the web. She decided to use the NQA Certified Judging information. So, we typed a little thing from her as well. After that was done, we cut the binding on the quilt she made for me. It's machine quilted and has been done over a year. She started sewing it on when I had to leave. 

I was meeting a veteran at McDonalds to see if I could get him a quilt. We chatted for an hour and I learned a lot about him. He decided to say no to getting a quilt. He didn't want to offend me and I told him I am not offended. I totally understand when someone doesn't want to get a quilt. I also told him he has my information and can contact me at any time to get a quilt. He said he would be interested if I gave it to him and he wouldn't have to go to the presentation. I told him I could do that. I think he's in deep depression. He's been through a lot. He turned 80 years old 2 years ago and hasn't been able to do any of the things he used to. I think he's back to when he returned home. I told him I'm a brat and know what he's going through. I watched my father and his military family go through a lot of that. When they lost friends that were close to them. Dad always felt bad about send 4 of his group to Vietnam and they didn't return. He wanted to go in their place but they wouldn't let him because of his back surgery. So, my hour was interesting and informative as well as enjoyable to talk to another "family" veteran. 

After that, I headed back to the bank. Took a while for her to count out all the money but we got it. I had to bring my bag because I didn't want to carry that much money out of the bank that people could see. Not that that was a worry where I went. 

Next stop was Mail Plus in Chehalis. I dropped off mom return and then paid for our QOV banner and tablecloth. We can use the tablecloth tomorrow. I like what he did. It turned out pretty good. Considering he gave us a deal, I can't complain. I do think it needed to be a little smaller on the logo so we could see the white around the edge, but not even going to complain about that! It's awesome as it is. 

Came home and mom called freaking out that she couldn't get on the telemed. She couldn't get into the "my chart" to log on. I walked her through it while she was freaking out. We finally got her set up. I had Patrick call Nancy to go help her out because she was freaking out. Nancy arrived as she was waiting to get in. Mom said UW was calling so she had to hang up. Later she called to say she got in and it was really easy now that she knows what to do. lol 

I had to get some paperwork done on the computer. I tried looking for fundraisers as well. We need to work on getting some more money with our group. 

I then had to cut some labels for Barbara and will mail them out to her tomorrow. I have a quilt for Debbie to bind. I put the money in the safe and then I put the paperwork all together for the bowling league. Once all that was done, I called it a night. After doing my exercises, I decided I'm going to watch the Mask Singer and play games, then bed. I'm beat!

And no, I didn't get to be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!




No comments:

Spending The Morning At Moms

This morning, I didn't sleep well. So, I was up and ready to go. I got a few things done before heading to moms. It's quilting Frida...