Saturday, April 29, 2023

Took A Judging Class Today

This morning I cut some asparagus for Phil. First I had to stop at Safeway for lunch. Then stopped at Phil's to drop off the asparagus. 

Last stop was at The Gathering Place. Mom was teaching a Judging class. So, when I arrived there was a couple people already there. Jeannie Austin was there as well!! I was go excited to see her!! Love that lady!! Gave her a big hug. Nancy showed up shortly there after. I sat between them. We had 18 people show up. Mom passed out her papers and of course the gal next to Jeannie was missing a page. Gave her mine. Then another person was missing another page and gave her the one mom gave me to replace the one I traded for. Once we got started, it went really well. Questions were asked and then we took out the quilts I took for judging. Mom brought a couple of hers and she showed Georgie's blocks. The class took 4 hours. A couple people left early for one reason or another. Mom gave a break but didn't realize it was a half hour! I would have had my lunch then! Instead, I gave the sandwich to mom after we were done. I snacked on pretzels and almonds. UGH

Came home around 3:30 pm. 

Sophie wasn't happy that I left. 

I think she likes to claim the quilts! I couldn't believe it. I went to the car to get more stuff and dropped the quilts off there. Then I went to talk to Patrick and turned around to find her on my quilts! I couldn't believe it. She wanted my attention the minute I got home. Patrick said she was sleeping all morning and didn't bother to come out for him. She was waiting on me to get home I guess. 

I decided to just enjoy the rest of the day with Patrick. Till he put Mr Bean on! Then I pulled my headsets on and listened to my book on audio. I finished one and started another. 

I played my games. I could have been working on the quilt downstairs. It didn't work out that way. I could have been working on the cross stitch too, but after a long day in class, just wasn't in the mood. 

Not a day for me to be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

 

No comments:

Spending The Morning At Moms

This morning, I didn't sleep well. So, I was up and ready to go. I got a few things done before heading to moms. It's quilting Frida...