Sunday, April 2, 2023

Cleaning & Quilting!

I don't know why we say we are quilting when we are piecing quilts. Quilting is when we actually quilt a quilt. Go figure. I often wonder how we come up with names for things. Or who every figured out the beginning of language in the first place. 

The day started out with cleaning. Then I wanted to watch Mary Bergs cooking show. I like what she does. How she stays so skinny makes me wonder. But the food she fixes looks really good. She also has some good tips. 

After all that was done, I headed downstairs. Fireplace was on thanks to Patrick. 

First I had to sew the corner blocks. They were easy, but took time since I had to add each color at a time. Two of the same color, like doing a log cabin but only half. I can't remember what they call that block. 

I then put them on the wall to see what I needed to do and if they lined up. It looked good, so I decided to work on each row to get ready to sew the rows together. 

The mystery quilt isn't a mystery any more. I do like the way it's coming along. I have three of the seven rows done. The next row has a solid block in the middle. I do like it. At least I'm getting back to working on QOV quilts. I was able to get this much done in about 3 hours. So, I'm planning on working on it tomorrow since we canceled our BE meeting. Sandy is getting ready to go to Canada to visit family. The other Sandy will come next week. 

Then it was time to go bowling. We won 2 games. One of the bowlers didn't show up till the second game and kicked butt. I bowled a 184, 200, and 170 for a 564. Not bad. It is one of my better days. Our president told everyone we won't be bowling next week and that he won't be president next year. I'm thinking I won't be secretary, even if I get paid to do it. Who knows, we may not be bowling next year anyway. 

My day turned out pretty good being able to be Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Enjoyed Time With Mom

This morning, I was up and playing my game by 6:30 am. I slept really well and when I woke, I couldn't go back to sleep. Even when I wan...