Thursday, April 27, 2023

Patrick's Golfing Day

Today Patrick was out the door for golfing and I slept in. When I did get up and get my exercises done, I WAS planning (yeah! I know) to take my walk - I received a phone call. The phone call was that a wife of a veteran who received a quilt had 3 quilt tops done and ready for me. They live in Onalaska which is not far from us. She said she would drop them off "in a few." So, no walking today. 

I went ahead and got lunch while I waited. Then they arrived and we had an awesome visit for the next hour. Patrick showed up in the last 10 mins of their visit. Patrick looked bad to me when he came home. I think he's loosing too much weight - again! I have the 3 tops and need to cut batting and backing for them and get them to Connie. The thread arrived and I let Debbie know. She took 5 quilts home from Connie's yesterday and had 3 of them with binding! I told her to bring me the other 2 for mom or Nancy to do. 

Before the couple dropped off the quilts, another phone call came in. Another quilter said she wanted to help us out. So, I was on the phone with her and telling her what we like for our group. She's excited to help us out. I will be keeping in touch with her too. 

Back to cross stitching! I really do like working on this. I'm going to try and stay on it! I made a mistake in the left side on the tip area. I had to take out 3 rows to get it back on track. I'm glad I work in 10 stitches areas. It makes it so much easier to figure out where the mistake is. I'm fixing it and will get back on track. I want to get the bottom done. Time will tell. 

Listening to books on tape and stitching - nothing is better than Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!


No comments:

One Of My Busier Days

This morning Patrick left for golf. I was glad he's back to golfing. I wonder about the chemo he's on now.  After he left, I got up ...