Monday, April 3, 2023

Quilting & Cleaning

Today I wanted to sleep all morning. I did get myself out of bed. Once I did, I went for a walk after my exercises. 

Once I finally decided to move, Patrick came home from golfing. When he went to nap, I went downstairs. 

I started at this point. 


I worked from the bottom. Was able to get this part done and worked on the top 2 rows. It was time to put everything together. 


I got it all done. I'm happy with the way it came out. Not perfect but fun to work on. Oh, WOW, did I say "fun" with this quilt top?! I usually don't call it fun, but I do like to do mystery quilts. I can stop at any point of each step. Makes it easy to do. I would do another mystery quilt when they do it again later on. This is actually my 2nd QOV mystery quilt. 

I started to clean up my mess. 


One big mess!! Debbie showed up as I was cleaning up. I talked her into binding my big black Japanese Doll quilt. I gave her some fabrics for another quilt. I put the scraps in a bag for Connie and I threw out the paper I had that I won't need. Put the QOV patterns in the bag to go to the museum to be added to the folder of patterns. Then it was time to put things away. 


An hour later, I had it cleaned up! I'm now ready for the next quilt. 


The challenge quilt panel is next. I have 10 churn dash from George. I found another set of churn dash that is a little different. 


I plan to mix and match the two blocks. I should be able to go all the way around the panel. I don't know if I will get it wide and long enough, but I'm going to try. Not now, but I will when I get back in the mood to do this. 

I called it quits and just enjoyed the rest of the day - after working on my water paperwork. I had to file with the state, so that took time. Now, I'm done. I am enjoying the TOC Tournament of Champlain's that we record. I love that show!

My day was just that - my day. AND I was Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching! 

No comments:

One Of My Busier Days

This morning Patrick left for golf. I was glad he's back to golfing. I wonder about the chemo he's on now.  After he left, I got up ...