Saturday, April 1, 2023

Up Early To Fabric Shop

This morning Connie was here at 8:30 am to pick me up. Then we were off to Debbie's to pick her up. We went down to Castle Rock where there was a warehouse sale of fabrics.  The fabrics were $3.00 a yard. They had fat quarters 20 for $1. I got 20. Plus I got a lot of blues that will work with QOV quilts. I also picked up some yellows and a few red. Not a lot of reds, which we seem to need more. I spent $75 on the fabrics. A good 25 yards worth. 

Came home and decided to work on my mystery quilt. 


I sewed the labels to a backing. I just need to iron them. Then I went back to working on the mystery quilt. I had to add more to it. 


Step 4 of 5 are done. I then got the strips of fabric cut and ready for the last step. I have everything cut and ready. I just need to sew it all together. I will do that tomorrow. I want to finish it. Then I can say I have one quilt top done. I need to work on the challenge quilt as well. Will do that next I think. I have tons of blocks to figure out what to do with. I'm just thrilled this is close to being done. 

Call it done when it was time for supper. Now I'm just enjoying the TV and playing a couple of days. Guess going to the fabric sale helps me get back to work on the quilt tops for QOV. - Too funny! 

I wasn't thrilled to have to get up this morning and leave by 8:30 am, but I did. It turned out to be fun. At least I'm back to the QOV quilts again. Not sure how long that will last. I'm waiting on the batting that should be here on Thursday. I'll be at the museum with another presentation that day. At least my time today was Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!


No comments:

One Of My Busier Days

This morning Patrick left for golf. I was glad he's back to golfing. I wonder about the chemo he's on now.  After he left, I got up ...