Monday, June 12, 2023

Brazilian Embroidery Meeting Day

 This morning I was running around before the meeting. First stop was the bank, then off to see Phil to give him some freezer veggies that I got free and couldn't eat. Of course needed a hug too! So, then headed to Connie's to drop off my quilt top. As I was close, I saw that "Spooners" had their strawberries out for sale. Those are the best strawberries around here! They sell out fast! I was just lucky enough to look and see that they were open. So, I swung over to the stand and got a half flat of berries before heading to Connies. Connie gave me 3 more quilts that are ready for the bindings. 

Off to the grange where Cindy and Sandy were sitting out on the truck bed. We went into the grange and "sort of" got to work on our projects. I worked on my cross stitch, but didn't get much done - about 50 stitches. We had a good chat about this and that. Poor Sandy, she wasn't in her happy place. I don't see her in this mood very often, but when I do, I try to cheer her up. We actually left early today. 

My next stop was to mom's. I stopped and got a Subway sandwich for lunch. Then I dropped off the 4 quilts that need to have the binding sewn down. She gave me one that she got back from Michele. Michele is really good about getting the bindings stitched down really fast. I just wish she was a member of our group. lol 

Came home and Patrick was enjoying the swing on the deck. He had got a lot of work done on weeding the garden and around the yard. We must have reach 90 degree today because I was HOT! I gave him the strawberries and he started to make the first batch of freezer jam. Then he wanted to go to get some more pectin for more jams. We went to Sunbirds after supper to pick up a few more jars and pectin. Then we stopped at Safeway for sugar. lol Once we were done, we stopped at Dairy Dan's for a milk shake. I talked him into going into the dinner instead of waiting on the cars in the drive thru. Of course it was a lot hotter inside and ended up waiting almost as long if we would have been in the car. There was 2 other in front of us. Outside there were 3 cars ahead. He was giving me crap the whole time about going in instead of sitting in the car with the air conditioner on. lol 

Came home and worked on the quilts that I retrieved from mom. 

This one is done with a label. Victoria Parrott made this quilt. I love what she did! I sent her more panels to see if she could work with them. lol 

This one is one of Connies. I don't know if that was a mistake or not in the design. Just noticed it. lol 

This one is made by Cathy Bussman. All of these are now labeled and ready to go to the museum. I need to call the museum to see if they got a box for us with a couple quilts. 

It was a busy day and I'm just glad the day turned out better than it could have. As well as being Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

 

No comments:

I Have Had Better Days

This morning, I woke early. Was in a little pain.  It's more skin pain then inside pain. But that's part of life.  My day was pretty...