Friday, June 16, 2023

Trying To Do Another Quilt Top

This morning I was up and getting back to working on my laundry. lol At least today it worked pretty good. 

I headed downstairs to get to work on my quilt top. I had several half square triangles set up to make. I sat and sewed them all down. I spent the afternoon working on the half square triangles. Then putting them up on the design wall. 

Of course I still have more to make and will try to do that this weekend. I then started to sew the half square triangles into 9 patches. That will be easer to put together. It's looking like the inside border will be about 2" wide. I won't know till I get the sides sewn down to see what I need for the borders. It's coming along great. I'm a little worried about the red. It's a little thinner than normal cotton fabrics, thinking it might be a blend. I will do the top and left side of the panel in blue and then the other side and bottom into the red border. I will probably have to do mitered borders. While I was working on this Debbie called and we went over what we have right now with QOV. Then I also got a call from a gal in Cowlitz County who asked if I would judge at the fair this year. She talked to mom and mom told her I would be willing to help as well. So, now I'm judging at Cowlitz Fair. What fun! lol Judging is more fun than actually doing the quilts anymore! I have been itching to work on the white on white quilt downstairs. I may start that yet! I also need to work on the Hawaiian quilt I have ready to be appliqued. 

Oh, well more to do. 

After supper I figured I would get started on the next set of angels. I'm changing the colors up and hope it will work. I went into my beads and pulled out the colors I want for the angels. Then I went on the computer and changed a few numbers on my word chart. That way I know exactly what color I'm using for this. This one will be green and has gold/silver wings. I'm hoping it will look good. Patrick was helping me with picking colors. I was able to get 14 rows done before it was time to call it done. 

This turned out to be a good day of Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

I Have Had Better Days

This morning, I woke early. Was in a little pain.  It's more skin pain then inside pain. But that's part of life.  My day was pretty...