Friday, June 23, 2023

Quilting Day - But Didn't Quilt

This morning I was up and out the door. I had to stop at the church for our quilt. Trouble was I got there before Rita. So, I told them I would come back in the afternoon. 

Arrived at moms. First thing she needed was for me to get into her laptop which is an Apple. I ended up calling Justin to see who to get into it. Mom changed the password and apparently she didn't type it right because no matter what I did, I couldn't get in. We chatted for a good half hour working things out. Justin said he would talk to Jeremy to see if he can help mom get the laptop to an Apple store since it wouldn't let me use a mouse. I tried 2 kinds that mom had and neither one worked. We both think the touch pad on the laptop is going out. So, I ended up changing her password. Justin and I got it working again. 

Then I sat down and was going to work on a binding till Penney said she would do it. I gave her the quilt and then pulled out some cross stitch for me to work on. 


 I was given 4 of these a while back. So, I decided to do some cross stitching while everyone else quilted. I was able to get part of the ribbon done. 

Then I came on home. I had to stop back at the church and picked up the quilt they finished. I will drop it off tomorrow when I go to Debbie's 50th Anniversary. 

Came home and after supper I worked on my angel. 

I was getting close to finishing this one, when Debbie texted. She was heading to the grange (where the Anniversary party will be) and said I could come if I wanted to...she needed the help! I told her I was on my way over. Got there and they were loading the car up. We headed to the grange. NOTHING was done and she had unloaded the car. We got the tables set up and put the drinks in the refrigerator. She had food in the other one. We put the "lights" on the table for tomorrow. We got a lot done. It was 9 pm before we called it done. Poor Debbie, she was beat! If I hadn't of gone, she would have be on her own. At least her sister-in-law showed up after we were the for a while. 

I'm just happy I was able to be Happy Stitching/Happy Quiltling!

No comments:

I Have Had Better Days

This morning, I woke early. Was in a little pain.  It's more skin pain then inside pain. But that's part of life.  My day was pretty...