Saturday, June 17, 2023

Hard Work And Still Not Done

 This morning I was up early thanks to the sun coming up. Even though it was a cold day.

At first I didn't want to work on the quilt downstairs. I thought Patrick wanted to go to the movies but he said no. So, after lunch I headed downstairs. 

First things first. I started working on the 9 patches to get them ready on the sides of the panel. 

I put the sides together. Then I started working on another set of half square triangle. Now I just need to work them in. I couldn't believe how much work it takes to get these done! AND they are 6" finished half square triangles! I'm very thankful that I didn't make them smaller!!


I had Patrick help me with getting it up on the wall. Then I went ahead and added the border around the panel. I had to add a bigger border on the top and bottom. Once I got to this stage. I decided to stop. My back was getting sore. The 2 sides are sewn together. I sewed the strip above and below the panel together. I need more more row of half square triangles. Then I will have to check to see if it's long enough. I think it will be but it's hard to say. I may end up taking off a row on the sides. Hard to say right now. I will go down and check it out for the size. 

My day was spent working on this piece. AND it was hard work to get what I wanted. That's what keep me Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!


No comments:

I Have Had Better Days

This morning, I woke early. Was in a little pain.  It's more skin pain then inside pain. But that's part of life.  My day was pretty...