Sunday, June 25, 2023

Meetings & Quilting

 This morning I was in the mood to try an easy quilt pattern. I went downstairs and started working on it. Putting a strip on 2 sides of my 5" squares. Then I asked Patrick to call me around 12:45 pm so that I could attend a BE meeting. I had some blocks done and brought them up to Patrick to design the quilt. 


While he was working on the lay out of the quilt, I worked on the border of the star quilt we received. 


When I folded it in half, I found this issue. So I had to work each side and trim it. I couldn't fold and trim without taking out a heck of a lot of block backing. I wasn't thrilled but won't look a gift horse in the mouth! So, I worked it out and added 2 boarders. Then went back to work on Patrick's design. 

Patrick let me know 12:45 pm had come. I got in to Zoom about 10 mins late. Then I listened for 10 mins and tried to see who all were there - on my tablet - and booted myself off. I decided I would not go back. He was to let me know when 3:45 came. I sewed the strips together and then went to my BE virtual meeting. 

While at the meeting, I worked on my Bonsai tree piece. I had the photo there to see what I was supposed to do. 


I got the mud people almost done. I want to work on the greenery in the left side. I will work on that tomorrow. Hopefully. 

After our meeting I went back to working on the quilt top. I was surprised at how easy it was to make in a short amount of time - time that kept getting interrupted. 


9:00 pm and it's finally done. Patrick did the lay out and I sewed it together. I will probably do another quilt with the same blocks. I have so many of the squares, that I may have enough for 2 more quilts. UGH. I would rather do the panels. But I did enjoy this one. At least Patrick was a sweetheart and cleaned up the kitchen as well as cooked supper. I couldn't have asked for a better husband! lol That' how I can be Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!




No comments:

I Have Had Better Days

This morning, I woke early. Was in a little pain.  It's more skin pain then inside pain. But that's part of life.  My day was pretty...