Thursday, June 1, 2023

Presentation Day For QOV

 This morning I was running around trying to find all the stuff I needed to take with me. Thinking I had everything and finding out I forgot something isn't unusual for me! And of course, I did forget something! 

I had to finish up the quilts that I needed to get to the museum. 


This was one that Connie made. I put the label on this. Time was coming fast and I wanted to be out the door by 11 am. 


This one was made by one of Kristi's friends. Label on and ready to go. I was just glad this quilt was finished. I took one to mom to get the binding stitched down. Then I gave Connie some more scraps. She was saying she needs to get to work on more scrap quilts. I took the container to Hildi, even showing it to her, and she forgot to take it. So, it's in the back of my car. 


We honored - 
JOE GAYLOR                    ARMY                                                 1988 - 1990
ROBIN JONES                  ARMY                                                 1986 - 2007
JORDAN SCHAEFER        AIR FORCE                                         2007 - 2022
JOANN GEORGE              COAST GUARD                                 1975 -  1981   VIETNAM
ZACHARY KING                ARMY                                                 1999 - PRESENT
JACK RIEGER                    ARMY                                                 1963 - 1971    VIETNAM
NELS ANDERSON            COAST GUARD                                  1975 - 1981    VIETNAM
ROLLY BADAVINAC         AIR FORCE   (B 29)                             1951 - 1955    KOREAN

They all were fun to honor! This was a good group!

Came home and had supper before Debbie came to get me. We headed over to the Centralia American Legions Hall and presented information on our group. They passed the hat and took applications. We were there through the meeting. This is an awesome group of man and women who served!! We really had a lot of interest. AND they are willing to help us. 

Got home around 8:30 pm and now ready to call it a day! I'm beat! It wasn't a sewing day, but it was a good day. Can't say Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!


No comments:

Still Thinking Positive

 This morning it was raining. Patrick decided not to go golfing. I don't blame him. I was able to get up and shower with little help tod...