Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Started Out Calm Then Went to Hectic By Night

 This morning I had my massage therapy and she worked me hard. I had a different gal and when I told her what my PT'ist wanted she worked it. We have a lot to do. I was sore while she worked on me, but it helped because by the time she was done, it felt good! 

Stopped at my sons before heading home. Had to give him a big hug!

Came home and worked on my beading (sorry no photo yet). I was able to cross another row. Then Patrick came back from getting chlorine for the water system. While he was gone Debbie and I chatted about tomorrow. Carol called and then I called Debbie back. Long story short, the quilt that was supposed to be awarded tomorrow to one of the veterans was MIA. I called mom to see if the binding was on it yet. Luckily she had the quilt and only one side of the binding was on it. Which meant I had to go get it to finish and get a label on it for tomorrow. 

We decided to go out to Dick's Brewery for supper. Before we went we stopped at moms to pick up the quilt. She also gave me 3 more that need labels. UGH! We had a good time at Dick's Brewery and then stopped to get the car washed. Once all that was done we were home by 5:30 pm. 

That meant I needed to get to work! Oh, yah! I started working on the binding. 2 hours later it was done.

Then I had to add the label. 


 Now Roland can get his quilt. It has the plane he flew. This was a special request - which we rarely do. 

Then I needed to get the certificates done. Once that was done, Debbie called and needed a backing and batting for me to bring tomorrow. While I was doing the certificates, I cut the batting and backing. Put the backing in the washing machine. Now it's in the dryer and I need to fold it. Then it's ready for tomorrow. 

This is now finished. The label is on it. Funny part is that the panel is a Navy Officer panel. Now it's done. I still have 2 more to do. I will do them tomorrow as it's 9:30 pm and I'm still not done! UGH. I need to empty the bucket downstairs to take to Hildi tomorrow and my brain is on full load! I HOPE I can sleep tonight. Will have to get everything done in time tomorrow! Wish me luck! Guess that's how hectic my evening has been. Not enough to enjoy being Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

An Early Start

This morning, Patrick was up at 6 am. I followed around 6:25 am. lol We were ready and out the door by 7 am to get to Patrick's oncology...