Friday, May 26, 2023

Quilt Meeting At Moms

 This morning I had a few things to do before going to moms. I had to stop at the bank and then Connie's. Dropped off my quilt top but realized the backing was still in the dryer! So, I'll have to drop it off on Monday. Mom called me at 10 am to see if I was coming. Told her I was on the bridge and would be there in 5 mins. 

I arrived to only 2 people already there. There was one quilt done that I put in the back of the car. Then Hildi arrived when I was doing that. She called me over to give me a box of fabric. She was clearing out her fabrics and it's all red, white and blue. I will add that to the fabric I have downstairs. She didn't have the challenge panel. I took Nancy to her place to pick up the challenge panel because her car was blocked in. I took Nancy 3 quilts that needed the binding sewn down. Mom had 5 quilts that needed the hand stitching done. Penny decided to work on the bindings when she comes to the meeting. So, she finished one side of  a quilt. I brought that one home. 

I spent my time at moms sewing the labels, so that I could iron them and have them ready for the quilts. I need to order more labels. I was able to iron 7 labels. Then I sewed 7 more - photo - and they are ready to be ironed. I only have 7 more that I will work on later. I helped mom afterwards before I came home. 

Had to take a photo of her giant Iris/Tiger Lily. It's really pretty!

Had to stop at Carol's to give her the list of Stillwater Residents to see if they are on our list of veterans. If not, then we won't do July 4th with them. If they wanted us to do that, they should have submitted applications in January to be able to do that. Then I texted Debbie I was on my way. Got us a drink at Dutch Brothers and then went to Love's for gas. She was behind me at Loves! It was comical. She followed me home. I got her to use the gas app I have. I'm up to $15 from saving in gas rewards. 

We both arrived and she went downstairs to get fabric for the panel she brought. I took her receipts and filled out a reimbursement for them. We chatted and got some ideas of quilts as we were there. 

After she left, I got to work on doing statements for the water group. I had to get them done and in the mail - or ready for the mail. It took some doing because I no longer use QuickBooks. Now I'm just playing games and watching information on Volcano's.  I had enough to do at moms that kept me Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Woke In Pain

This morning, I woke in pain. Actually, had pain all night. So, I pretty much didn't do much all day.   I think the pain is from moving ...