Thursday, May 4, 2023

Another Presentation Day

Today I was up at 7 am to be at my massage therapy by 8 am. What a day. It felt good to have the massage, but right now I'm not feeling that comfort. lol 

Then it was to the vets to get the meds I couldn't get yesterday. I was thrilled they had it ready when I arrived. I was kind of expecting them to say it wouldn't be ready till later today. 

Next trip was back home to pick up the 6 quilts that needed to go to the museum. I had everything ready and headed over to the museum early. I took along a "wallet" that my great uncle had in WWII. I asked Chip if he could use it. If not, I would take it back. He said he could. There was a form in it of what he brought back from the war that had to be registered to him. One was a Hitler gun. I told him I was sorry but we didn't have that we just had the paperwork. He told me that paperwork is very rare. A lot of WWII veterans didn't keep the paperwork. 

Then it was time for the Presentation. 

We honored 7 veterans. Poor Vickie fell down the stairs and was in a cast. So, we were still able to give her the quilt. We honored our veterans downstairs this time. The flag in the back was on one of the Navy ships. It's huge! They are (not in order) Bud Price, Cliff Ziesemer, June Moran, Robert Hooper, Vickie Hooper, Greg Jones, and Tim Draper. We had 4 Air Force and 3 Army veterans. It was fun! We did good today. 

Came home after picking up a drink for Patrick and I at Starbucks. Man, it's gotten expensive! I am going to stop going there for those prices. 

I spend the rest of the day enjoying my games. Then I did the exercises I wasn't able to do this morning. I didn't even think of what I wanted to work on. I realized today that I need to get more quilts done. So, I'm a little "balloon popped" over that. I really don't want to do tops, but at this point, I need to get moving. We are going to have to do the challenge quilts at the next presentation. 

Not a good day to be Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Trying To Do More

This morning Patrick headed to golfing and I got laundry going. I was in pain this morning, and all through the day. I just let it be. It...