Wednesday, May 24, 2023

Quilting Day

Today I was up just as Patrick left for golfing. It was nice to see him going golfing again. He's going again tomorrow. As for me, I had to get up and do my exercises before going to the dentist. Of course it didn't go well!! I have to have a crown replaced. UGH UGH UGH! I paid for my visit (not cheap!) and then received a call saying that I have special cleaning (which I think it BS!) and it cost $78 more. They will send me a bill. GRRR I also had to schedule my replacement crown - $1600!!! What a pain! I don't remember paying that much. I'm to the point of going somewhere else. Patrick said we can get it with our insurance and I think we will do that next year! I will go to someone else at this point!

I went to get myself some tea at the Dutch Brothers. I like going there. Plus Debbie has been working with the manager to see if QOV can get donations from them. Fingers Cross!! 

Came home and was telling Patrick what needed to be done. Complaining about it! lol Then went downstairs - that's when I got the call saying I owed more. GRRR 

I went ahead and finished the quilt top I was working on yesterday. 

One more done. I like the way it looks, but I did get it a little short - 5" around. It's okay, but I would rather be closer to the 60 x 80 then being less. 

Once I did that, I got moving on another quilt top. I decided to do it with 9 patches all the way around. 

Those 9 patches will be in the corner. The rest of the 9 patches are a little lighter in color. I ran out of the background fabric to do them all the same. This panel is not the brightest and it's really not the "prettiest" either. So I worked with the colors that are in the panel. 

The other blocks are in the lighter color - top of the photo. I will work on this tomorrow and try to get another one done. I will try and drop off a top or 2 to Connie. I was thinking I may drop off one to the church as well. I feel pretty good that I've been able to get at least one if not 2 done. I've done more quilt tops in the last month than I have in the last 5 months. We have an SOS out to the rest of the state groups to see if they can send us quilts or quilt tops. So, I'm trying to be Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

 

No comments:

Got A Little Carried Away

 This morning I felt so good. It was the first night since we got back that I have had a good nights sleep. It was good for me. Even though ...