Wednesday, May 17, 2023

Finishing Up A Few Quilts

This morning Patrick took off to go golfing - thank goodness! I was getting worried he was slowing down. I was woken up at 7 am from our neighbor who decided to weed whack! Then mow the yard.  I kept going back to sleep to be woken up again 10 mins later. Just couldn't get my eyes to stay open. lol

I got to work on the certificates for tomorrow. Then I went downstairs to print them. While I waited on the computer to start up (older one), I took out the right side of the border I put on yesterday. Once that was off, I stay stitched the side of it. Once that was done, I went ahead and sewed the borders on. 

It's now done. I'm going to send it to the church to have it done. I will drop it off on Friday or Saturday. At least it's done. 

Once all that was done, I finished up the certificates. I also got the Shredded Chicken in the crockpot. I will cool it in the fridge and then tomorrow take the pot and have it on warm while we are in the meeting. Or I may put it on low to heat it up more. 

Next I had to get my stuff printed for the meeting. Then I had to get moving on getting 5 quilt labels on quilts. 

Mom made the stars, Sue Klapel did the center strip, and Connie put it together as well as quilted it. 


Linda Walter made this and donated it to us. This is one of 3. Love what she did for us!


This is one that Debbie put together and quilted. 


Another of Linda Walter's quilts. 


Last of the three that Linda made. I love what she did!

We are slipping. I am just glad I had 2 done in the last couple weeks. I will try and get moving on more. We are really getting behind on quilts. That is going to be one of our talks at the meeting tomorrow. Something we need to work on. I'm just thrilled we have been able to keep going with these quilts. I may have to ask for more from other groups, but I will try and keep us going. So far we are doing great and I'm very proud of our group. That's what is the best part of being Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!\




No comments:

Trying To Do More

This morning Patrick headed to golfing and I got laundry going. I was in pain this morning, and all through the day. I just let it be. It...