Saturday, May 27, 2023

Working On QOV Quilts Again

I wanted to work on my quilt today. Patrick wanted to go to Safeway for tomorrow when Nick and Joanne come by. He wanted to go at 2, which had me between times of working on my quilt. I was going to wait till we got back. That didn't last. I went downstairs around 11 am. That should give me plenty of time to work on it. 

I was able to get this much done. Patrick liked it. Then I talked him into letting me finish it. Said he wasn't in any hurry, so I did. It was about 1 pm when I got this far. 

Around 2:05 pm I brought this up to show Patrick. I didn't realize the photo would make it look yellow! It's tan. More like the top photo in color. it wasn't what I wanted. I wish I had paid attention to the 16" instead of the 18" blocks. I can keep kicking myself over it, but will just accept the fact that I got this done without too much hassle. 

Once it was done, we headed to Safeway. We get so frustrated with offers - Buy two get one free. Buy two get three free. (Last one was Coke). We ended up buying 5 different cokes - and hated spending the money to do that! We just needed 1 or 2!

After all that, I got the shrimp peeled for Patrick to fix Shrimp Scampi. 

I pretty much took the rest of the day off. I'm going to look up a Fat Quarter quilt to see what I can make with the fat quarters that we received a while back. I'm hoping to find something easy. I have another panel on the wall. Need to work on that as well. Guess right now, that's where I will be Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching! 

No comments:

An Early Start

This morning, Patrick was up at 6 am. I followed around 6:25 am. lol We were ready and out the door by 7 am to get to Patrick's oncology...