Tuesday, May 16, 2023

A Day Of Fun - Sort Of!

 Today I slept in. Didn't feel like getting up early. I did get up before Patrick - lol. He's doing okay, but not so good either. I just take each day. 

I went downstairs this afternoon to work on the quilt top. I wanted to get it done and possibly give it to the church to quilt. I need to get a few quilts over there to them again. Since Debbie won't be doing much for a good month or more. 

Ran into trouble. I was trying to get the last border on, when it didn't come out right. The right side, I will have to take out. Then I need to cut an inch off the strip. Even though I measured it!! I found that the border waves. I will try and cut it off, then I will take about an inch off. Once that is done, I will do a stay stitch to the outer part. Just so it doesn't waffle like it is now. 

I quit at this point and went to moms. I pick mom and Nancy up so we could go out to my Mother's Day and Birthday dinner.  Patrick didn't go because he just can't taste food and didn't want to waste money on food he couldn't eat. So, I decided to take mom and Nancy to the Happy Teriyaki restaurant. 

I realized then that I had the clothes of moms that I needed to stop off at the grange! I forgot yesterday. Mom gave me 4 quilts that are done and need labels. So, our first stop was to go back to the grange and drop off the clothes I should have dropped off yesterday. 

Next we arrived to find a sign on the door say, "Closed today at 4 pm." UGH! So, we went across the street to the Teriyaki restaurant there. We sat down and I didn't care for it. Both Nancy and I were looking at each other and decided to leave. Mexican owner for a Japanese restaurant didn't look good. The food on the menu didn't look very good either. Not a Japanese restaurant at all!! So, we headed into Chehalis to the Chinese restaurant next to the peppermint factory. No cars there - Closed on Tuesdays! UGH!! So far not doing so good. Then we went to the Royal Sushi and Teriyaki restaurant at the end of Market Street downtown. It was really good. Poor mom watched Nancy and I eat for about 10 minutes before they served her. We were done when she was just starting to eat. We did sit and chat for awhile before calling it done. I took them both home and came back home. 

Talked with Patrick to see how he was doing. He's okay, but I know he's worried about all the weight he is loosing. It's going to be interesting how the next few days go, since he got an email from the doctor to stop taking his meds and work on getting his weight back to normal. Prayers going out this works. 

At least part of my day - I thought - was Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

1 comment:

Anne Kirby said...

Dear Lyn, you and Patrick are in my thoughts and prayers. I hope Patrick gets his appetite back quickly.

Taking Each Day As It Comes

This morning, I was enjoying sleeping in. Patrick was up before me. He was feeling better today than he was yesterday.  Since he's here ...