Saturday, May 13, 2023

Quilting All Day!

This morning I was up and enjoying the cool weather - before the heat hit! Then after all was done, I went downstairs to get moving on finishing the challenge quilt top. 


I finish this up. For some reason I was in the mood to get this done. Now that it's done, I can try and get moving on some of the blocks that are downstairs. I need to get them into a quilt. 


I laid out the blocks. I have a lot of both of them. The colors are the same in both block so decided to mix them up. I have enough for 2 panel quilts. This is the first one. When I got to this point, Patrick came down and said he was going to watch one of the shows I am tired of. So, I decided to stay down there and work on this. 


I talked with Patrick about getting the center area done. I don't have enough space to have 4 blocks across the top. So, I'm going to do a blue strip on the top and bottom of the white in the panel. Then I will use that same blue to balance the 3 blocks on the top and bottom. It's going to look like a U in blue. I guess as long as it's done on top and bottom it will balance it. It may look a little funny with all the red and the blue just in the center. But at this point, I want to get another top done and I have more things to figure out for the next one. We are in need of quilt tops and with Connie getting her knee done in Aug (I believe) then we need to get more quilts done before that. Debbie is a beginner and she's getting there. I hope she can pick it up soon. lol Debbie does an awesome job! I just need more people to work on the bindings because I have only one quilt right now that will go to the museum on Thursday. 

I was enjoying some audio books today. Finished 2 of them. Had to get my ear buds recharged. I had listened that long! Guess that kept me working on my quilt tops. It felt good to be Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!


No comments:

Getting Back To My Sewing Room

This morning, I decided to get back to working on my quilting stuff.  First I needed to clear off my table top to make room for cutting. I t...