Thursday, May 25, 2023

Best Laid Plans - Get Messed Up

 Patrick went golfing today. I had most of the morning to myself. I took my audio book downstairs and got busy on the quilt top. 

I got started on working on all my 9 patches. 

I had the darker yellow that would go in the corners.....but noticed that the blocks where so much bigger, and to add another 9 patch to the bottom would make it way too big!! I should have made the 9 patches 16" and not 18". So, then I had to rethink things. 

I couldn't do the 9 patch on the top and bottom. I had to do 2 - 4 patches. Now I need to add some red in there. I wanted to use up some "busy" fabric. Now I have to redo what I was planning or had originally wanted to do. I still can't believe I messed up on the size I wanted to do!! It's going to be interesting how it comes out. Patrick gave me an idea to finish this up. I will have some extra 9 patches which means I will need to figure something out for those too. UGH!! 

After taking out several blocks, I called it done! I'm done till Saturday. Tomorrow is my usual quilt day at moms. At least my batting showed up today. Not sure what I will do after this one is done. Guess that's what make me Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

An Early Start

This morning, Patrick was up at 6 am. I followed around 6:25 am. lol We were ready and out the door by 7 am to get to Patrick's oncology...