Tuesday, May 23, 2023

Working On QOV Quilt Top Today

I changed my mind on what I wanted to do today. So, I went downstairs and got to work on putting some of the fabrics away that we received. As well as putting the backing that came in today downstairs. 

I now have plenty to work with. So does everyone else in the group. I just wish they would come get some to help make quilts!

I decided to work on the stars that mom made. I added the white border on the panel. It was a pain to square up! Then I decided to get some of the "busy" fabric we have and use it in the top. I do have another idea for then next quilt as well. I may get a couple done in a good amount of time. I had some issues with measuring - go figure! For some reason I can measure sizes and cut the fabric to find out I cut it wrong! Every time!! I don't know what is going on! But I was able to get the bottom sewn together. Then I did the strips on the side and sewed that down as well. I have half of it done so far. I will try and finish it up tomorrow. 

Then this evening I decided to try and get a few stitches in on my cross stitching. 

I got in a little more than 100 stitches. I figure if I get a few stitches in at a time, it will finally get closer to being done! lol That's what it's about - being Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Working On Embroidery Today

 This morning, I took my time getting to the grange. I took my "goldwork" piece with me. I wanted to see if I could finish it. I w...