Sunday, June 11, 2023

More Cleaning Than Anything Else

 This morning I was up and moving around. I went downstairs to see if I had any fabric left from the quilt I did yesterday. I did remember I was out of the blue and thought I had some red I could use. I wanted to be sure to have enough for a binding as well. My off white was down to a 6 1/2" strip. I decided to add another white to it and fold it over - showing most of the white I used on the quilt. I cut a small strip of the red to use as a decoration between the top and bottom of the pillow. I went and pulled some blue that would work with the color I used. I cut that in half and will make another pillow case out of that next time as well. After checking to see if I could do all that, I came upstairs and got the laundry going. I also worked on the dishwasher. 

I got some sour dough bread going. I'm still folding it till I go to bed. Then I'll fold it one more time tomorrow and have it ready to bake. The longer I mess with it, the more sour it gets. I like the smell of sour dough. 

Then I had to get some bookkeeping done. Paid a bill and got a deposit ready for tomorrow. Texted Connie to see if she is home tomorrow. I will drop off a quilt top and then pick up 3. I will end up taking 4 of them to mom and Nancy to put the binding on. 

After all that, I went downstairs and put the pillow case together. I sewed it up and found I did it backward because the seam of the two whites was on the front of the pillow case. I ripped it all out and put it back together. Then I sewed the seams and called it a done day. I pull out another panel and fabric that will go with it. I have ideas but wanted to check out Pinterest to see what designs are out there. I picked 2 that would be fun to do. So, I ordered 5" and 6" half square triangles paper to get started on them. I will have it tomorrow and then I can work on it. I'm hoping I can get one done this week. 

Back to getting laundry going. Called it a day and was thankful to be Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!



No comments:

I Have Had Better Days

This morning, I woke early. Was in a little pain.  It's more skin pain then inside pain. But that's part of life.  My day was pretty...