Thursday, June 15, 2023

Patrick Golfing & Then Eye Doctors

 This morning I enjoyed staying in bed. LOL I seem to stay up till 11:30 am and then don't want to get up till 9 am. I do wake anytime between 6 am and 7:30 am most days. Then I climb back in bed. lol 

I started laundry - and that was about it - 1 load! I waited till about 11:30 am before I went downstairs, knowing I wouldn't be able to work very long. I sewed 2 sets of half square triangles. Patrick came home and I was just cutting the half square triangles. I had 2 of them done before we had to leave for our eye doctor appointment. 


I am thinking of doing the blue on half, with the red on the other half. 

We arrived at the eye doctors and I was first. My appointment was at 1:15 pm and Patrick was 2 pm. I went in and had to wait on the doctor. It was a while. After I was done, Patrick was in while I was waiting. I pulled out my embroidery. 


I worked on the mud man on the right. Added the darker color. Then I couldn't find my scissors. So, I DUG down in my bag. The lady across me was laughing saying she always has to dig in her purse for everything. I agreed with her! The good news was our eye sight didn't change much and neither one of us really need new glasses. Woo-hoo!


Then I got started on the second mud man. I still have to do the pipe and hair. That will be after I get them finished. I am slowly getting this done. I think I will have to leave this at the house to work on because I need to see the photo that Debbie gave me for it. I'm a little lost on what I need to do. I will work on it. 

We came home after stopping at Safeway for supper. We picked up a few things and were ready for supper. I had to get a few things for me, since I'm eating carps more than anything and it's starting to show! I got a few things for stir fry. I will have that tomorrow or the next day. We will figure it out later. lol 

I peeled off the backs of the half square triangles of the ones I made. I'm happy to say, it's looking okay right now. I need to add the border to the panel, but want to see how big I need to make it after I have the squares done and know what I am doing. 


I like the way it's coming along. Even Patrick said I did good with the colors that go with the panel. This is going to take time, but that's okay. At least I don't have to figure out a star right now. I wanted something different. 

We received 2 tops from another QOV member to help us out. 


It's really pretty, but I have to trim off the "tails" that are on this quilt. I do appreciate the makers offer. This will go to Connie to be finished. 


This is way too small. Each of the blocks were done by someone different. It's pretty. Now I have to figure out borders to make it bigger. I think I will use the flag fabric to help it out. I'm still thinking about it. We just need to add to it, and that will take some thinking. Patrick suggested I make it easy and add a red border, flag border, and then a blue border. I may do that. It all depends on how much I need to add. This will be worked on after I finish mine. 

So, I guess you can say, I was Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!


2 comments:

Anne Kirby said...

Oh Lyn, you said you were eating too many carps and my mouth fell open!! 😆Don't worry, one of the other blog ladies said she was going to get out her KFC fabric 🤣🤣🤣 must be a Friday!!

6th Generation Quiilter, Crafter said...

I love it!!

I Have Had Better Days

This morning, I woke early. Was in a little pain.  It's more skin pain then inside pain. But that's part of life.  My day was pretty...