Friday, June 9, 2023

Every Other Friday - Carmen's Birthday

 This morning I was up at 5:45 am to be out the door by 6:30 am. We had a presentation to do with the Twin Cities Rotary Club. It was fun to see what they do. We - Debbie, Connie and I - were there early and trying to figure out where we were meeting. It was comical. They were very nice. We gave our speech and answered a lot of questions. Then they passed the bucket. We got a good amount of money for QOV. We are looking good now. I'm not sweating worrying over where I get the money to pay for things. 

Afterwards we went to "Hashes" in Centralia for breakfast. I had a hard time trying to decide what to eat. I didn't want egg. 


I ordered a "Gaint Cinnamon Bun" that was 10 times bigger than I thought it would be!! I barely eat it! I took it to moms (after I stopped to get a Birthday Cake for Carmen). I couldn't believe this. I was disappointment with this as it was on the dry side for me. The frosting was really good though! lol Carmen loved the cake I got for her. I didn't ask how old she is, but betting in the 80's. 

When I got to moms I cut the bun in sections. Then I put it out on a plate. Everyone seemed to like it. Michele liked it so much that I gave her the 1/4 that was left. I didn't want to bring it home. Patrick can't do "dry." I also baked the sour dough bread that I made. I was disappointed because it lost it's height due to the car. I should have let it raise again, but we didn't have the time to wait for it to rise. 

I didn't do anything while at moms. Michele took the quilt that needed the binding stitched down and there was only one ready. So, I got a few books for mom since she wanted me to get her a few book on Libby. 


I was given 2 quilts that are ready for labels along with 2 boxes full of fabric for QOV. I don't know where they will go, but I do know I will be needing to put it away! It's still on the table! 

I left at the same time everyone else did. I didn't want to stay and help mom with the computer or whatever else she could come up with. I stopped at Safeway for shrimp. Then home. 

I was and am tired! So, I played games. Now I'm ready to crash! I wish I had been Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!


No comments:

I Have Had Better Days

This morning, I woke early. Was in a little pain.  It's more skin pain then inside pain. But that's part of life.  My day was pretty...