Sunday, January 14, 2024

Another COLD Day - Staying Home

 Today we were up and could feel the cold weather outside. 

We pretty much did the usual Sunday stuff. Cleaning. Then we watched the football game - or Patrick watched the game and I beaded. 

I added 3 or 4 more rows. I noticed that the other ear is coming through. Now I'm getting excited to get to her face. The ear looks good from the photo. It's amazing how details come out better when one steps away from the piece and not right on it. The red area on the left is a barn board that is the wall. I don't care for the barn board, but it's been there since we bought the house. One can see the rest is brick work. 

In between working on my beading and listening to my book, I decided to work on stew and homemade bread. I used the European flour that doesn't have the chemicals that the USA flour has. I LOVE it!! The dough was so much softer and even the bread was fluffer!


I roasted some cauliflower and broccoli to add to my stew. Patrick doesn't do the veggies, so I add them into whatever we make. It was really good. And warming!

In working on trying to do more, I've been doing pretty good the last couple days. I enjoyed baking and I enjoyed cooking. Part of like is enjoying what we do and being Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!


No comments:

Back To Presenting Quilts To Veterans

This morning, I was able to sleep in a little.  Thankfully Patrick put the quilts in the car for me. I felt like I was forgetting something ...