Wednesday, January 10, 2024

Snow - Surgery Scheduled

Today I woke to snow. 


 Wasn't expecting it. Seems those of us in the lower part of the Pacific Northwest got snow. Those in Olympia did not. Onalaska got even more. It's nice to wake up to this. 

Had my video chat with my oncologist. She could see me but I couldn't see her. She's going to try and get that fixed for the next visit. She had my surgery date before I did. We talked about what we may or may not do. I have to see a radiologist to see if they are going to do radiation. If they do, it would be about 2 weeks every day. She talked about me having to take a pill for 5 years to help combat any cancer that may want to appear again. It's a precautionary measure. I'm not happy with it but I will do it. Ugh, 5 years! Hopefully that will go fast. I'm just lucky so far. I then got a message asking if the 23rd would work for me to go back in for surgery. Told her we were here in Chehalis and not to make it too early. So, they scheduled me for the afternoon in Tacoma. I'm just going to deal with that too. 

After all that, we went to Safeway. We needed a few things. I think we both enough food for the next week as far as meals go. Then we stopped at the church to pick up a quilt. 

Came home and I pretty much "shut down." I played games and watched TV with Patrick. I even watched the Republican debates. It is going to be interesting!

Life goes on, I'm going to be fine! I will get through this and we can get back to normal. I am hoping to wear a bracelet that says "cancer free." But that's really not true, it can come back or it's still in the body, just not where it causes trouble. 

I did not find time to be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Enjoyed Time With Mom

This morning, I was up and playing my game by 6:30 am. I slept really well and when I woke, I couldn't go back to sleep. Even when I wan...