Thursday, January 4, 2024

Doctor Appointment Today

 This morning we headed to Olympia to see the surgeon. We arrived early and was surprised at how quick I was able to get in. The nurse was different but it seemed to be his regular nurse. I had a different gal when I went to see him before. 

He looked over the "scars" and told me I can take off the tape when it starts to peel. I showed him the rash and he said to continue with the stuff I'm using. If it doesn't go away in a couple weeks he can give me some meds to help me. He was surprised to see it. Then we chatted about my scar under the arm. It has some liquid in there and should drain on it's own. (Hopefully not like it did on Monday) I have to pay attention to it and make sure it doesn't get hard. If it does, then I will need to have it drained. 

We didn't have the results back from the lab, so we really didn't have much to talk about. We were hoping to have that back so he could talk to me about it. If I get the results, I'm to call him and he will call me back. In the meantime, I am without know if it was all taken out. I have the oncology appointment next week, and if it's not in by then, I have to call and let them know. It's not worth seeing the oncologist till the results are back. UGH, UGH, UGH. I'm still positive and looking for the good side of things. We will find out. Life goes on. 

Came back home and I worked on my beading. 

One more row was done. It's coming along nicely but does take a good hour to do one row. I'm hoping to see Sophie's ear soon. It's getting to the point I want to see my cat coming through. 

I'm still positive and letting things go. I was able to get some veterans entered into the system for the group. Colleen dropped off another quilt. So, I now have 4 quilts that need labels put on them. I will try and work on them this weekend so Debbie can come get them for next Thursday. I'm still trying not to lift anything over 10 lbs and at times that gets hard to remember. Quilts aren't that heavy, at least the ones we have. I will work on them one at a time and have them done as soon as I feel like it. Tomorrow is quilting at moms. I'm not planning on taking anything with me. I should but I'm not going to. My bag is over 10 lbs with all the stuff I take with me. 

At least I'm finding time to be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

A Painful Day

This morning, we were woken up by a phone call. That was 8 am. I was hoping to sleep in today. Ron was calling to walk. He had Century Link ...